Monday, November 17, 2008

Diapers and Wipes and Potty Training - Oh My!

About two weeks ago potty training started. Ethan really really wanted to sit on the big potty like mommy and daddy does. So we strip off the pants and undo the diaper and sit him up there.

Now for quite some time we've had a little potty in the bathroom that he loved to play with. He'd sit on it when I used the "big potty" and he'd put toys in it, he'd take the bucket part out and put it on his head...all kinds of fun stuff to do! Thank goodness he never actually used it for a potty.
But it's one of those nifty kinds that converts to a step stool when they start moving on. So we broke it down so he could use the step stool part of it to get on and off the "big boy potty."

This has been a huge learning experience for all of us. Probably me most of all, at least more than Ethan. He's got this thing down:
Step 1: Grab and point to crotch until mommy notices, then point to the bathroom and say bath.
Step 2: Run yelling and laughing into the bathroom and move step stool in place. Wait for mommy to catch up and strip me down.
Step 3: Have mommy help me onto the potty.
Step 4: *Sigh* Remind mommy to turn on the fan, hand me my tp and a magazine all with points and grunts...remember to be exasperated if she doesn't understand or forgets.
Step 5: Throw magazine down and demand another until all magazines have been read.
Step 6: Jump off toilet, grab stool, position in front of sink. Wait for mommy to wash my hands.
Step 7: Hands wet, no pants...QUICK run out of bathroom as fast as I can before mommy catches me. Enter "toddler temper" mode when she does.
Step 8: Pee on mommy while she tries to diaper me.

Need I say more?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahahahaha. Gotta love step 8. Im right there with you except Kara does better with James. I think I scare her or something....